Tony Robbins has taught me many things about business and about life. Here’s one lesson that has really stood out as I’ve progressed in my career.
My No. 1 life goal is to have internal joy. Because it’s my No. 1 priority, I’m going to have it, and it’s all because of Tony Robbins.
When I went to my first Tony Robbins conference, I learned that 80% of success comes from my state. No, I’m not talking about South Carolina. I’m talking about something different.
My state is comprised of my energy level and my emotions. When Tony said this, I wrote it down and it seemed wrong to me. I’ve done really well with bad energy levels and bad emotions, so I thought he was joking. He also said that the other 20% of our success comes from our strategy/to-do list.
The fact is that we tend to focus on that 20% way too much. In fact, upon reflection, I realized that I was doing that too. I was always looking at the next step and the next thing, but what I learned is that if I focused on that 80%, I would do much better.
Since that day three years ago, I’ve shifted my life so that I spend the majority of my time on that 80%. With the remaining 20%, I focus on what’s next. As long as I get to a great state of mind, that 20% of that strategy becomes super easy.
If you have any questions for me about the 80-20 principle or about anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
The Wall Street Journal’s #1 Ranked High-End Team in Charleston, SC
“At Matt O'Neill Real Estate, our first core value is integrity and we ALWAYS put our client's needs before our own. This is the reason over 1/2 of our business comes by way of referral and why we are one of the top-selling real estate teams in the country."