A loft is a building's upper storey or elevated area in a room directly under the roof, or just an attic: a storage space under the roof usually accessed by a ladder. The characteristics of a loft house have undergone more improvement than ever.
New buildings are constructed with loft homes, making it more available and better than a traditional loft. People hunt for homes that will satisfy their needs. If you desire a home with charm, a loft home style is a design that can suit your taste.
Nowadays loft houses have become very popular among young couples, newly married, and students who don’t need a lot of space and look for a comfy corner for themselves.
Huge open floor space is one of the notable characteristics of a loft house. This is because the loft house exists in renovated warehouses or buildings. Another thing common to a loft house is high ceilings. The major material used to construct the wall of a loft house is exposed brick.
Loft houses usually have large windows and big doors. The reason is that there will be an inflow of light that will encompass the loft from the floor to the ceiling.
Among the simple methods available to boost a loft home include various interior designs like furniture, lighting, window, stairs, and more.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
- Spacious with the open concept: Lofts are usually spacious with an open concept that offers plenty of flexibility to decorate and create separate areas for work and play.
- High ceilings: A very typical feature of loft houses are high ceilings which make a lot of difference in the appearance of the space and area.
- Industrial-style is very trendy: After buying a loft house you can be sure that the value of the house is high as it is very trendy. Even if you are buying a house to give out for rent, investment in loft houses is a very good idea.
- Creativity: With loft houses you can get as creative as you can as there is just open space to be filled with your decorative ideas.
- The rustic style of lofts turns exposed brick and beams into the aesthetic. Add your own industrial touches or rely on modern, minimalistic touches to enhance the charm of your loft apartment.
- Lack of storage space: A problem you might possibly face with loft houses is that they don’t usually offer traditional storage space like closets and rows of kitchen rows.
- Low sound isolation: This is a complicated part of living in a loft. It’s hard to block sound because there aren’t any walls. What was an advantage visually becomes a disadvantage when it comes to noise.
- Hard to keep it organized: As you have everything in one space in the case of loft houses, it is hard to keep everything tidy and organized. If you are a perfectionist then you will get into a lot of stress trying to keep everything organized.