Traditional Style Homes For Sale in Charleston SC
Traditional homes as the name hints are traditional-style homes inspired by tradition and history. Rather than sticking to a single, specific blueprint, traditional homes mix and match characteristics of multiple historic architectural styles, primarily those of the 17th and 18th centuries.
The value of a traditional home is always high as they carry history in the walls and also have a very unique place in architecture. Traditional homes are generally known as simple, elegant, and welcoming.
The exterior of a traditional-style home is warm and inviting, and their unique mix of historic architecture styles gives them a serene, classical beauty.
Rooflines are simple and unobtrusive, and almost always feature at least one front-facing gable.
Windows can be of any style but are most always symmetrically spaced around the house.
Some traditional homes will have a large covered porch supported by columns. The interior usually has spacious living and dining rooms, high ceilings, and a practical layout.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Great for big families because of its spacious areas
- The greatest attribute traditional-style homes possess is that they blend in seamlessly in just about any location.
- Very Aesthetic
- Maintenance of the house can be very expensive
- Lack of modern elements in the layout
- Difficult to remodel
- Possibly you will face an old pimping system